Monday 30 June 2008

Iva Davies goes into Battle

IVA Davies is known to TV audiences now for Battle of the Choirs, but the former Icehouse frontman remains proud of his '80s mega-mullet. Plus, should his band reform?
You've turned down reality TV in the past, but now you're judging on Battle of the Choirs. What made you say yes? This appeals to me because I don't think the people went into their choirs to be TV stars or music stars or dancing stars. They just love doing what they're doing and they'd do it whether there was a TV show there or not. Reality-TV shows love tension between the judges. How's the vibe on Choirs? There have been some tense moments when the judges have been divided. I don't watch any reality TV, I'm a sucker for a good documentary. Your fellow judge Charli from Hi-5 said she was the only one who knew how Pink's Get the Party Started should be sung. True? I'm vaguely aware of that stuff, I have children who are 14 and 12. It's not that I study the charts any more, but a lot of those songs have filtered through. That Mika song (Grace Kelly) was one of my son's favourites for months. Do you listen to much new music? I was a devotee of Pink Floyd and more recently Radiohead, but I've disappeared into that wonderful middle age of life where none of these things become a passion to follow. I think that's the case with many professional musicians, what's recreation to other people is work to us.

Vote Now!


Do you think Icehouse should reform?
Add your vote! Yes No